About Whitworth Design
Ron Whitworth left a career in the high-tech world of open wheel race car manufacturing where his skills were honed and refined building these technological masterpieces for drivers such as Michael Andretti, Christian Fittipaldi, Adrian Fernandez, and Robby Gordon. These skills allow him to bring his vision to life with Whitworth Design. He brought the leading edge technology of race car manufacturing to the Audio/Video, Furniture, and Product Design world by utilizing modern methods and materials to design prototype and manufacture his unique bespoke product line. Having been told he was an artist whether it was a custom pair of carbon fiber and machined aluminum speaker stands, or an extruded aluminum flower vase with a glass beaded and anodized finish, he is now doing very original, very realistic, and meaningful, modern art.
"Whitworth sees the art in everything, then executes the vision."
The International Design Excellence Awards is a premier international design competition sponsored annually by the Industrial Designers Society of America (IDSA) and judged by renowned design experts from around the world. This is a list of awards that Ron Whitworth has received.
- 2004 ADEX Platinum Award for Design Excellence for Pulse Series-1 speaker stands.
- 2004 ADEX Platinum Award for Design Excellence for Moderne aluminum desk collection.
- 2014 ADEX Silver Award for Design Excellence for the Modular LED stand with counterbalanced weight distribution.
- 2015 ADEX Platinum Award for Design Excellence for Cubitron modular planter.
- 2015 ADEX Silver Award for Design Excellence for bespoke fireplace screen commissioned from Arlen Stahlberg Design.
- 2015 ADEX Platinum Award for Design Excellence for Launch clothing hampers.
- 2015 ADEX Silver Award for Design Excellence for Feng Sushi bespoke sushi planks.
- 2015 ADEX Gold Award for Design Excellence for Levitable.
- 2016 ADEX PlatinumAward for Design Excellence for Conundrum table.
- 2016 ADEX Platinum Award for Design Excellence for Libation Station.
- Riviera Magazine, November 2003 Article published on the Ricochet table in the Home Page section.
- Riviera Magazine, March 2004 Article published on the custom VersaFab trellis fabricated for the Geoff Sumich Design architectural project.
- Home Theatre Magazine, March 2006 Article written in the Premier Design section on the Pulse Series-2 speaker stands.
- Space Magazine, November 2007 Whitworth Design products featured in the ARTspace section.
- Orange Coast Magazine, November 2008 Whitworth VersaFab North Laguna architectural elements featured.
- Coast Magazine, November 2008 Whitworth VersaFab architectural elements featured.
- Architectural Digest, January 2010 Whitworth VersaFab architectural elements featured on a Geoff Sumich Design architectural project.
- Riviera Magazine, September 2011 Whitworth architectural elements featured on a Geoff Sumich Design architectural project.
- Mountain Bike Action Magazine, October 2011 Braketime cycling clocks featured
- Dream Homes Orange County, October 2014 Architectural project featured on cover included Whitworth Design architectural elements.